Injury Firm Serving Valdosta
Have you been injured by the careless or negligent actions of another person? Whether you were struck by a car while lawfully crossing a street, hurt by a defective product, or the victim of medical malpractice, Langdale Law is here to help. Since 1994, our Valdosta injury firm has been serving the people of Southern Georgia and beyond who have been wrongfully injured by others. Our legal team can also assist with cases of wrongful death. Whatever you are going through, we are here to provide the moral support and aggressive representation you need to secure the fair and just compensation you deserve.
Contact us now to book your free, no obligation case evaluation with an experienced personal injury lawyer in your area.
Our Practice Areas
At Langdale Law, our main areas of practice include:
- Car Accidents: Car accidents are some of the most common types of personal injury claims. We will build your case based upon the evidence we obtain such as the police report, medical records, proof of lost wages, and any other documentation that illustrates your “economic damages.” Pain and suffering are considered “non-economic” damages and require the expertise of your attorney to recover the highest amount possible. In addition, Langdale Law utilizes expert witnesses throughout the United States to provide testimony related to the accident itself, as well as medical and economic issues.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Although the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that there has been a 5% decrease in motorcycle deaths since 2018, motorcyclists are about 28 times more likely to die in a motor vehicle crash and six times more likely to be injured. NHTSA reported 4,985 motorcyclist deaths in 2018. Inattentive drivers often fail to notice motorcycles, sometimes resulting in catastrophic injuries and even death.
- Truck Accidents: Commercial truck accidents frequently require more expertise than automobile accidents due to their complexity. They tend to be some of the most severe accident types because of the size and weight of a truck compared to an automobile. We will work to determine what caused the accident, sometimes with the help of an expert accident reconstructionist. We will then determine if a personal injury lawsuit can be filed against the truck driver, the trucking company, the vehicle manufacturer, or any other involved parties.
- Wrongful Death: Losing a loved one can be the most difficult thing you will ever face, especially if their death was the result of a negligent act by another person or party. You are entitled to recover damages on behalf of your loved one, including (but not limited to) pain and suffering, medical and funeral expenses, and the full value of his/her life.
We are also able to assist clients with other personal injury claims, such as:
- Animal attacks and dog bite injuries
- Medical malpractice claims
- Premises liability claims (such as slip and fall accidents)
- Product liability/defective product claims
- Other injuries caused by negligence in the state of Georgia
Types of Damages You Can Recover in a Personal Injury Claim
The purpose of filing a personal injury lawsuit is to receive compensation for your accident-related losses. These losses may be tangible and have a price attached to them, (such as your medical bills) or they may be intangible and priceless, such as the physical and mental pain of losing a limb. Every personal injury case is different, meaning every individual will be eligible for their own unique set of damages. These are typically classified as economic or non-economic.
Economic damages include:
- Medical expenses (hospitalization, surgeries, medications, rehabilitation, etc.)
- Lost wages/loss of earning capacity
- Property damage repair and replacement
- Future medical, rehabilitative, and other necessary expenses that may arise
Non-economic damages may include the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Punitive damages (in rare cases involving particularly violent acts, such as assault, battery, and DUI/DWIs)
- And more (depending on the unique facts of your case)
If filing a claim for wrongful death, damages such as funeral and burial expenses may be covered as well or instead depending on the facts of the case.
Our Valdosta Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help!
If you have recently been hurt in an accident, your recovery should come before all else. Leave the complex legal paperwork and investigations to us. An experienced personal injury lawyer at Langdale Law will work closely with you to determine how much compensation you are owed as well as the best strategy for you.
Call (229) 213-3363 or contact us online to get started with a free consultation.